Class Teacher required to start September 2021 (ECT's are welcome to apply)
Great Waltham C of E VC Primary School are looking for a highly motivated, flexible and well-organised teacher who is able to capture the children's enthusiasm for learning and deliver well planned lessons.
The successful candidate will be:
· an excellent, energetic and focused classroom practitioner
· have high expectations of all children in the areas of achievement and behaviour
· be confident in the delivery of Primary Curriculum
· have the ability to work proactively, using set objectives to plan and deliver activities to enable pupils to attain age related expectations and to exceed these where possible.
· effectively mark pupil work, using feedback and assessment tools where appropriate to ensure progress understand how children learn and recognise the abilities of different groups of pupils including the more able and vulnerable groups of children
· be committed to developing children as independent learners
· be a good communicator and able to develop positive relationships with staff and children work well as part of a team, demonstrating empathy, focus and commitment
· be supportive towards our caring Church of England ethos.
Salary is within the main scale pay range and will be dependent on qualifications and experience. ECT's are most welcometo apply.
We offer a beautiful setting, with excellent facilities, good resources, supportive staff and enthusiastic children. We are committed to inclusive practices, the achievement of high standards and working in close partnership with parents and the community.
We welcome tours of the school, please contact Mrs Nichola Goodwin, School Business Manager on 01245 360395 to book an appointment.
Closing date: Midday 10th June 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 23rdJune 2021
Great Waltham C of E VC Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records at an enhanced level. Great Waltham C of E VC Primary School is an equal opportunities employer.
Lunchtime Assistants- Join our dedicated team.
Great Waltham Church of England primary School is a good school that aims to provide the very best education for the children in our care. We are looking for a Midday Assistant to play an important part in lunchtimes.
Part Time - 7.92 hours per week (11:45 - 13:20 daily)
Term time only (38 weeks)
£3211- £3275 per annum (depending on experience)
We are looking for a friendly, adaptable Lunchtime Assistant to:
Set up the hall in preparation of Lunches for example putting up tables.
Help the younger children with their food when required
Wipe tables, clear spillages and help tidy the hall ready for the afternoons activities
Supervise children in the lunch hall/Playground
Encourage imaginative play, both outside and indoors
Ensure the good behaviour of pupils
Administer first aid
You must be able to work effectively as part of a team, enjoy working with children and demonstrate good communication and organisation skills along with patience and understanding. Some cleaning and administration duties will also be required.
Training, including basic first aid, will be provided.
We can offer you:
- a CPD entitlement with purposeful training
- the opportunity to work with our lovely children
- supportive colleagues who want to provide the best possible opportunities for their pupils
- well behaved and hardworking pupils who deserve the best
- a constantly improving learning environment
- a responsive and involved leadership team
- Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please telephone the school office to arrange an appointment.
Great Waltham C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. As part of this commitment any appointment will be subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, medical clearance and suitable references.
Great Waltham C of E Primary School fully complies with information legislation. For the full details on how we use your personal information please click here;