Our Ethos, Vision & Values
Our Christian vision is underpinned by Jesus’ example of love for all and is summarised in 1 Corinthians 16:14
‘Let all that you do be done in love.’
WE ASPIRE for all our children to be confident, happy and caring individuals, to love as Jesus shows us and to develop a love of learning, living responsibly in God’s world.
At the end of their time at Great Waltham Primary School, we aspire for all our children to have:
- Developed a strong work ethic both for their own benefit and the benefit of others.
- Developed a strong set of practical, social and emotional life skills.
- Developed, through the teaching of our Christian and British values, self-respect and respect for others, whatever their ability, race, religion or culture.
- Gained the skills to work independently, either on their own or as part of a group, and take responsibility for both for themselves and others.
To achieve this Great Waltham School will:
- Ensure equal opportunities for all.
- Work in a partnership with parents / carers, the local church, community and partner schools.
- Provide a safe and secure environment where children will feel confident, able to learn and experience success.
- Plan and deliver a relevant curriculum which is inclusive, challenging and creative.
To help achieve this vision we follow six core values: